Monday, October 14
What I Did My First Summer
Don't be haunted by that first summer! 2Ls and 3Ls will talk about their summer experiences and answer your questions.
Tuesday, October 15
The Art of Persuasive Interviewing
Professor Jim Lawrence will talk about the art of interviewing and share some very useful tips on the overall presence in an interview.
Wednesday, October 16
What Not to Wear
Don't let the rules of fashion rule you! A stylist will share some tips on what to wear, what not to wear, and where to spend your money when it comes to dressing for that first summer and beyond.
Thursday, October 17
Resume/Cover Letter Basics
To bullet-point or not to bullet-point? Find out the answer to that question and many more with this informative workshop on how to create a legal resume and cover letter.
Friday, October 18
Lisa Abrams, author of the The Official Guide to Legal Specialties, will present: "Finding the Right Fit," where she will share stories of successful attorneys who have a passion for their work and who look forward to Monday mornings. There is a Myers Briggs Assessment requirement for Friday's program. If you need to take the assessment, contact Catherine Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org). Assessments must be completed by noon on October 17.
The Friday program will cover:
- The reasons it's important to find a good fit
- The three factors that happy lawyers have in common
- The skills and traits that lawyers value the most in new hires
- How personality type (MBTI type) can affect job satisfaction
- Verification of your own MBTI type (based on instrument results)
- Secrets of motivation based on personality type (MBTI type): finding a job that matches the core of your personality
If you have any questions, stop by the Career Development Office.
1. Log into Symplicity
2. Click on the "Events" tab
3. Click on the title of the event you want to RSVP for
4. Under the program description, click the RSVP button