The U.S. Department of State offers students the opportunity to participate in a 10-week unpaid internship that provides intensive educational and professional experience within the environment of America’s principle foreign affairs agency. Internships are available at many of the over 265 U.S. embassies, consulates and missions to international organizations around the world, as well as the Department of State in Washington D.C.
Students have the opportunity to:
- Participate in meetings with senior level U.S. government or foreign government officials;
- Draft, edit, or contribute to cables, reports, communications, talking points, or other materials used by policy makers in furthering U.S. foreign policy objectives;
- Help organize and support events, including international and/or multi-lateral meetings and conferences on critical global issues;
- Contribute to the management and administration of the Department of State and America’s foreign policy; and
- Engage directly with U.S. or foreign audiences to promote U.S. foreign policy and improve understanding of U.S. culture and society.
Please visit http://careers.state.gov/students/programs for more information. Please note that the deadline to submit completed applications is November 2, 2012. Watch out for an opportunity to meet our Diplomat in Residence who will be coming on campus in the near future for an informational session regarding opportunities in the Department of State and Foreign Service.