Join the Career Development Office and the Student Bar Association for Career Week, October 1-5, 2012. Each day they will present career-focused topics from creating a cover letter to dressing for success. These informative lunches will in 240BLB at noon. See topics below.
Monday, October 1
What I Did My First Summer
Don't be haunted by that first summer! 2Ls and 3Ls will talk about their summer experiences and answer your questions.
Tuesday, October 2
What Not to Wear
Don't let the rules of fashion rule you! A stylist from Basiques will share some tips on what to wear, what not to wear, and where to spend your money when it comes to dressing for that first summer and beyond.
Wednesday, October 3
Practices Around the State
Thinking about exploring opportunities outside of Houston? Come listen to attorneys from around the state of Texas talk about their cities and what they have to offer.
Thursday, October 4
Resume/Cover Letter Basics
To bullet-point or not to bullet-point? Find out the answer to that question and many more with this informative workshop on how to create a legal resume and cover letter.
Friday, October 5
Lisa Abrams, author of the The Official Guide to Legal Specialties, will present: "Finding the Right Fit," where she will share stories of successful attorneys who have a passion for their work and who look forward to Monday mornings.
The Friday program will cover:
- The reasons it's important to find a good fit
- The three factors that happy lawyers have in common
- The skills and traits that lawyers value the most in new hires
- How personality type (MBTI type) can affect job satisfaction
- Verification of your own MBTI type (based on instrument results)
- Secrets of motivation based on personality type (MBTI type): finding a job that matches the core of your personality
Participating students must RSVP and take the Myers Briggs Assessment for this event - email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
If you have any questions, come by the Career Development Office.
Lunch will be served!